Supporting women to take control.
What is ‘Reflect’?
Reflect offers support to women whose children are in foster care or adopted. It aims to help them as their circumstances change and supports them in positive future choices. Each women’s journey is unique and with support and understanding they can successfully renegotiate their role at different stages of that journey.
Who can refer into the service?
- Social worker
- Health practitioner e.g. GP, nurse
- Support worker
- Family member
Our reflect practitioners support and empower women to make better choices, address historical and current issues and concerns and create their alternative future.
Our approach is centred around:
- Active listening
- Honest communication
What’s on offer?
The service comprises of one to one support that may include:
- Building emotional resilience
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Developing social networks
- Support to attend LAC reviews
- Support to attend health appointments
- Sexual health and contraception advice
- Keeping themselves safe
- Life skills
- Accessing community facilities and resources
- Supporting contact visits
- Support to attend court proceedings and legal meetings.
For more information please contact the teams:
Carmarthenshire Service – Catriona Houston
North Powys Service – Charlotte Price
South Powys Service – Kimberly Roberts
Pembrokeshire & Ceredigion Service – Georgina Haldane