If your child is between the age of 3 — 8 years old and is registered on the Specific Needs Register you can apply to attend this course.
Who can this course help?
If your child displays:
· Attention/hyperactivity problems
· Behaviour or emotional problems
· Problem solving difficulties
· Academic/learning problems
If you as a parent have:
· Personal and interpersonal problems
· Lack of support
· Ineffective parenting skills
· High levels of stress
If any of the above points relate to you or your situation the Webster-Stratton course could help you!
The 10 week programme covers the following issues:
Week 1. How to play with your child. (Promoting your Childs self-esteem and encouraging co-operation).
Week 2. Helping your child learn through play.
Week 3. Play — Continued.
Week 4. Effective ways to praise and encourage your child.
Week 5. Praise and reward programmes.
Week 6. Effective limit setting.
Week 7. Effective limit setting — Continued.
Week 8. Decrease your Childs inappropriate behaviour.
Week 9. Time out.
Week 10. Time out — Continued.
Aims of the programme:
· To promotes positive parent/child relationships
· To give parents better understanding of their children’s need during these years
· To introduce and practice positive parenting skills, enabling parents to deal with the challenges their children bring e.g.
· behavior issues,
· emotional needs,
· friendship issues,
· learning difficulties etc
What does this course involve?
· Parents having a pre-course meeting with one of the course facilitators
· Each group session lasts 2 hours
· Groups are run by 2 qualified and experienced Webster Stratton facilitators
What does the course need from you?
· You will need to attend ALL 10 weekly group sessions
· You will need to make sure that childcare and transport arrangements made.
· You will need to make sure that home tasks carried out.
· You will be asked to complete evaluation forms to help analysis of parents progress