This service offers support to young girls and women aged 12- 21 across Pembrokeshire who are vulnerable and displaying risky behaviours.
Using a person-centred approach that looks holistically at the lived experience of the young woman, support is offered to young women who want the opportunity to be listened to, supported, challenged and advocated for to make positive improvements in their lives.
Presenting needs and issues affecting girls and young women may include:-
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Poor emotional wellbeing
- Self-harming behaviours
- Unhealthy / abusive relationships
- Friendship / peer relationship difficulties (including bullying)
- Substance misuse and/or alcohol misuse
- Concerns regarding on-line safety
- Poor family relations / family breakdown
- Poor school attendance or NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Sexual violence
- Concerns and/or experiences of grooming and/or sexual exploitation
Working together with young women, we aim to improve their: –
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Emotional resilience
- Awareness of risk taking behaviours and consequence
- Understanding of healthy relationships
- Understanding of feelings, emotions and associated behaviors
- Assertiveness and effective communication skills
To access the service, a referral form needs to be completed and sent in to the team :
Women and Girls Together Service, Action for Children, Penfynnon, Hawthorn Rise, Haverfordwest SA61 2AX
Email referral to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries to Lisa , Donna-Marie or Theresa 01437 761330
Young people can self-refer into the service, as well as referrals submitted by social work teams, schools, health practitioners, support workers or the young person’s family member.
What the service offers:
Our team will work in partnership with all professionals involved in the young person’s life to create a holistic assessment, based on their needs. Young person practitioners work 1:1 with young women. The service also facilitates workshops and organises activities during the school holidays.