‘Women and Girls Together’ is a service delivered by Action for Children. This service offers support to young girls and women aged 12- 21 across Pembrokeshire who are vulnerable and displaying risky behaviours.
Using a person-centred approach that looks holistically at the lived experience of the young woman, support is offered to young women who want the opportunity to be listened to, supported, challenged and advocated for to make positive improvements in their lives.
Presenting needs and issues affecting girls and young women may include:-
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Poor emotional wellbeing/self-care
- Self-harming behaviours
- Unhealthy / abusive relationships
- Personal relationships (Family or friendships/peers)
- Limited access or engagement with education /training or employment opportunities
- Concerns and/or experiences of grooming and/or sexual exploitation, including online presence.
Working together with young women, we aim to improve their: –
- Ability to make positive choices
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Emotional resilience and self-care
- Understanding of healthy relationships
- Self Awareness; developing interpersonal skills
To access the service, a referral form needs to be completed and sent in to the team :
Women and Girls Together Service, Action for Children, Penfynnon, Hawthorn Rise, Haverfordwest SA61 2AX
Email referral to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries to Lisa, Donna-Marie or Theresa 01437 761330
Any professional/practitioner working with the young person can make a referral. Young people can also self-refer.
What the service offers:
Our team will work in partnership with all professionals involved in the young person’s life to create a holistic assessment and support plan based on their needs.
Young person practitioners work 1:1 and in groups with young women. Our intervention is outcome based, reviewed and time-limited.